Albany Bell Castle The Albany Bell Castle located on Guildford Road, Mt Lawley was originally built as a confectionary and cake factory for Albany Bell Ltd. The
Albany Bell factory was built to cater for a chain of thirteen tearooms located in Perth, Coolgardie and Kalgoorlie. At its peak, Albany Bell employed over 200 people.
The Inter-war Medieval Revival Style castle was designed by architect A. Cameron and features
crenellated towers and parapets. Cameron based his design on a building he had seen on a visit to
The building was completed in 1919 and was set in 1.25 hectares of gardens.
In 1929 the factory closed and was used for a variety of commercial ventures. Between 1950-52 the
building was used as a storage depot for the Coco's Island Project and since recently it has been used as regional
workshops for the Commonwealth Department of Transport.